Group wants Fleeger recalled
DUNNELLON, Fla. -- Dunnnellon councilwoman Penny Fleeger could get the boot before the end of her term next November.
A group of residents is circulating a petition for a recall vote.
This comes after the unanimous council vote to censor Fleeger after allegations that she slapped a city employee during a Christmas event.
The group will have 30 days to collect the signature of 131 registered voters.
Once verified, Fleeger will be able to provide a statement that will go onto the recall petition... which will require 198 signatures.
If collected, Fleeger will be given the opportunity to resign or a face recall election.
- City councilwoman censured for allegedly hitting Dunnellon employee
- Group wants confederate statue removed
- Fleeger will not run for re-election
- Gainesville veteran recalls Pearl Harbor
- Hyundai recalls 883K Sonatas to fix gear shifters
- Red Light Cameras Taken Out in Dunnellon
- Possible E-Coli Contamination Causes Winn-Dixie to Recall Beef
- Publix salad recalled over listeria concerns
- The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall makes its way to Dunnellon
- Former Dunnellon Teacher and Crew Blast Off!