Local organization hopes to protect Silver Springs
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Members of the silver springs alliance say they want a dam removed after nearly five decades. The Rodman Reservoir was created as a portion of the Cross Florida Barge Canal more than 50 years ago . After plans for the canal were canceled for environmental concerns, the reservoir remained.
- Environmentalists: The Rodman Dam is an "environmental disaster"
- Silver River is in Decline
- Woman dies in Silver Springs Shores house fire
- Man Hit by Car on Silver Springs Blvd
- Silver Springs to get Spruced Up
- Future of Silver Springs
- Body found in Silver Springs
- 33-year-old man shot and killed in Silver Springs home
- A Silver Springs family is left homeless after mobile home fire
- Skimmer found at gas station pump in Silver Springs