Model Ts Make Pit Stop in Ocala Square
Published February 28th, 2016
OCALA, Fla. -- Ford Model T enthusiasts made their way to North Central Florida for a much anticipated event.
The Tin Lizzie club hosted the visit that drove people to the heart of Ocala.
The tour is known as the Model T Ford Winter Tour 2016 and includes stops throughout North Central Florida.
Ohio resident Frank Bugner said he enjoys touring the country in his Model T because of the camaradarie that comes with it.
"There are three of us from up home that all came together. We tour together. We stay together. We party together. We tour all over the country i'll probably be on five different towards the summer."
There were about 125 model Ts in the square of all different styles and colors.
The tour was attracting passerbys as the drivers headed from the square down to the Appleton Museum.
The next stop is Weirsdal tomorrow morning.
Model T owners are asking anyone who spots the cars to be mindful of their lower speeds.
- Model T Ford Winter Tour in Gainesville
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- "Pink Heals" national tour makes a stop in Alachua County
- Parking garage coming to downtown Ocala in 2016
- Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Ocala
- Farmer's Market at Downtown Square
- 2016 Tour of Kitchens raises more than $20,000
- Hurricane Awareness 2016 Tour Prepares Central Florida
- Gas main break causes evacuation of Churchill Square in Ocala
- USO Jeep Tour Stops in Gainesville