Family and friends remember victim killed in home invasion
Published June 15th, 2016
MARION COUNTY, Fla. --
A day meant for celebration, is now a time for mourning for one Ocala family. Police have made an arrest after Sunday's shooting death of a father killed in a home invasion robbery.Police are still searching for three other people.
"I spoke to friends who say they are still in shock that 28-year-old Courtney London- who helped out at a local boys and girls club where his kids attended - was found shot dead in his mother's home on Sunday.
"Shock, disbelief a little anger, upset." Caronta Florence met 28-year-old Courtney London back in middle school and they've been friends ever since. He says he first got the news his friend was killed in a home invasion robbery on Sunday via social media."When you know the type of life he lived and the person he was, it's unexpected if you think something of that nature would happen to a person like him."
Ocala police arrested 21-year-old Kiila Richardson Tuesday morning and charged him with first degree murder of 28-year-old Courtney London. Police are still looking for 20-year-old Brandon Banks, 18-year-old Travis Davis, and 20-year-old Kelvon Grimmage - who police say broke into London's mother's house and killed him. "Know who you're letting in your house. Because some people may be jealous of you, jealous of your lifestyle, jealous of the things you have, the type of person you are. Or the love that you can see, that you have in the community."
Roosevelt Overstreet - who works at the boys and girls club where London's kids attend - says London was the ideal father - who helped out around the club when needed. When he found out about his death, he immediately gathered the staff and kids at the club. "Here at the boys and girls club, we play together, we laugh together, we cry together, so it was a type of mourning for us."
He says the kids at the club suggested making cards and thank you letters to send to London's family. In hopes that it will help London's children cope with the loss of their dad so close to a day meant for celebration.
- Family of man, step-son killed in home invasion robbery still seeking justice
- Friends, family remember victims of Orlando shooting
- Family, friends remember 7 children killed in tragic accident nine years ago today
- Mother killed in hit and run remembered by family and friends
- Shooting victim's family and friends raise money for burial
- Close family friend and Mayor speaks about shooting victim
- Man shot and killed in home invasion robbery
- Man Guilty in Fatal Marion County Home Invasion Shooting
- Family of Inglis Man Killed After Jumping From Moving Car Remembers His Life
- Ocala Man Killed in Shooting at Spring Manor Apartments