Car vs. tractor trailer on Highway 301 leaves one person dead
Published April 17th, 2017
Marion County, Fla.-- One person is dead following a tractor trailer accident on Highway 301 near the intersection of Northeast 155th Place in Marion County.
FHP troopers say they responded to Highway 301 just north of Citrus County after receiving a call about a tractor trail versus car collision.
Troopers say both the car and the tractor trailer were traveling in the south bound lanes when for some unknown reason the car swerved into the tractor trailer causing it to go over the median and strike another tractor trailer head on.
Both vehicles burst into flames killing one person.
Captain Gregory LaMont said," So far were just trying to make sure that we have all information about the vehicles. Obviously it's going to be some time before we can get the information about the passenger car just because of the damage it sustained. We're looking for the VIN number to identify the type of vehicle and the occupant of it."
FHP has not identified any of the drivers, but they say one person was taken to Shands Hospital with minor injuries.
- Serious car accident leaves woman trapped in her car under a tractor trailer
- Serious Two Car Accident Might Have Involved a Third Vehicle
- 6-Vehicle Crash Leaves One Person Dead
- Drive by shooting leaves one person hospitalized
- Road rage in Belleview leaves one teenager hospitalized
- One dead in multi-vehicle crash
- Two Struck By Train In Putnam County, One Dies
- Deadly Crash in Dixie County
- Marion County house fire leaves one dog dead
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others