Alachua Second Healthiest County in Florida
Published March 27th, 2014
A new study released Wednesday says Alachua county is one of the healthiest counties in the state of Florida.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation looked at the state's 67 counties and ranked Alachua county second, behind only Saint Johns county when it comes to overall rankings in health factors.
Some of the factors contributing to that score are tobacco use, air cleanliness, and access to care.
Representatives from the Alachua County Health Department tell us the numbers help encourage community partners and stakeholders that their programs are working.
One such campaign is the flu mist outreach for Alachua county kids.
The other counties in our area ranked lower then Alachua, Gilchrist came in at 41, Levy at number 51, Dixie at 66, and Union at 67.
- 11/5/12 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Smoothies
- 1/14/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Vacation
- 1/21/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Cruising
- 5/27/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Indulgence
- Second Alachua County Resident Dies of H1N1 (Swine Flu)
- Bear Climbs Up Tree for the Second Time
- Gainesville Mayor Responds to Alachua County Decision
- Bomb Scare in Alachua County
- Leanetta McNealy Wins Alachua County School Board Runoff
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault