Alachua Second Healthiest County in Florida
Published March 27th, 2014
A new study released Wednesday says Alachua county is one of the healthiest counties in the state of Florida.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation looked at the state's 67 counties and ranked Alachua county second, behind only Saint Johns county when it comes to overall rankings in health factors.
Some of the factors contributing to that score are tobacco use, air cleanliness, and access to care.
Representatives from the Alachua County Health Department tell us the numbers help encourage community partners and stakeholders that their programs are working.
One such campaign is the flu mist outreach for Alachua county kids.
The other counties in our area ranked lower then Alachua, Gilchrist came in at 41, Levy at number 51, Dixie at 66, and Union at 67.
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- North Central Florida Man Arrested For Domestic Battery
- Two Escaped Inmates Caught
- Dollar General in Marion County robbed for the second time
- Dollar General store robbed for second time
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Cocaine Arrest
- Texting & Driving May Soon Be Illegal In Florida
- Same Sex Marriage Licenses Legal in Florida