50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
CEDAR KEY, Fla. – The Old Florida Celebration of the Arts is this weekend, and this year marks the 50th Annual Spring Arts Festival in Cedar Key. Festival Coordinator Bev Ringenberg says last weekend the town dedicated a new mural that commemorates the 50th Anniversary. The mural depicts the “Honeymoon Cottage” which was the inspiration for this year’s Festival Poster Design Contest. In addition, the Cedar Key Arts Center’s April Exhibit titled “50 Years of Art Festivals in Cedar Key” invites visitors to step back in time and enjoy a little bit of Cedar Key Art History.
The event will feature 120 artists and craftsmen; 14 artists from a variety of disciplines will be set up to do art demonstrations both Saturday and Sunday afternoons between 1-4 pm.
Like at the annual Seafood Festival, food offered will be prepared by local nonprofit groups in Cedar Key. The two festivals raise around $50,000 each year that benefit multiple school groups, churches and local non-profit organizations.
The 50th Annual Spring Fine Arts Festival:
Dates/Time: Sat/Sun, April 12 & 13, 10 am-5 pm
Location: Historic 2nd Street in Cedar Key, at the end of State Road 24, 60 miles SW of Gainesville
For more information visit: http://www.cedarkeyartsfestival.com/
- Cedar Key Arts Festival Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- 48th Annual Cedar Key Arts Festival
- 28th Annual Art Festival at Thornebrook This Weekend
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Hundreds Flock To Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Cedar Key's Art Festival Preparations
- 30th Annual Art Festival at Thornebrook Features Local Artists, Restaurants
- Almost 50 Years of Fine Arts
- 62nd Florida Folk Festival This Weekend
- It's Back to the Drawing Board for Cedar Key Art Program