A horse has come down with a very contagious disease at a major horse show, and now we know where that horse is from.
The horse was from Jacksonville and was being stabled in Ocala before the Ocala Hits Show on Friday.
The animal is confirmed positive for Equine herpes and has been sent to UF's large animal hospital in stable condition.
Hits management says the tent the horse was in, along with 80 other horses has been quarantined.
The spokesperson for the Department of Agriculture says quarantine lasts 28 days if no clinical signs of disease appear.
- Gentle Carousel Miniature Therapy Horses
- Students Released After Quarantine in China
- North Florida Man in Jail After Riding His Horse While Drunk
- 6/14/12 Pet of the Day: Termite the horse
- From Horse Jockey to Horse Doctor
- Prostitution Sting Results in Arrests
- A Newberry Home Saved From Sinkhole
- Wednesday's Adopt-a-Pet Segment
- Track Walk for Those Who Can't
- Paws On Parole Pet Adoption