The City Of Gainesville Exploring A Street Car System
Gainesville city commissioners are spending $100,000 to explore the value of creating a streetcar system.
The city is not breaking ground but leaders are exploring the impact a streetcar system may have on the economy and traffic.
While most commissioners think it's a good idea, some believe Gainesville can't afford such a large investment right now.
All commissioners except Todd Chase voted to move forward with $100,000 conceptual streetcar study.
The city began looking into the plans for Gainesville street cars four years ago.
Tindale Oliver and Associates was selected as the company to conduct Gainesville's study.
- Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing Comes To Gainesville
- Gainesville City Commissioners Remain Unsure About Bus Rapid Transit System
- Car Crash in Lake City
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Trying to Run Down a Man With Her Car
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Alachua City Commissioners Explore Biomass Options
- City of Gainesville Enrolling Now For Fall Youth Football, Cheerleading
- City of Gainesville's Early Voting Starts Monday
- City Of Gainesville Hosting Several Spring Time Events
- Possible Sewer System For The City Of Archer