Scammer in Ocala Acting as Driveway Repair Man
A pair of Marion County women say they have fallen victim to driveway repair scammers.
One woman says a man claiming to be the owner of Tri-Sum Asphalt walked up to her and offered to repair her driveway.
She said at first, he said about $50, but once the job was done, the man demanded $1000. He finally dropped the price but insisted on only taking cash.
She gave him a $300 check written out to cash, and another victim gave him $180 in cash.
The incident was reported to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
The women say the scammers destoyed their driveways and stole personal items from their homes. It's too late for them, but they want others to be aware, warning not to trust uninvited, fast talking stangers that approach your house.
Some signs to watch out for are selling door to door, no contact offered, cash only sales, and claiming they have left-over construction material from another job.
- Driveway Repair Scammers in Marion County
- Marion County Scammers Caught
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Ocala Scams
- Marion County Man Charged with Sexual Battery
- Miami Man Arrested in Marion County for Georgia Theft
- Marion County Man Charged with Possessing Child Pornography
- Man Guilty in Fatal Marion County Home Invasion Shooting
- Marion county man found shot to death in car