Columbia County School Cuts
Last Friday, Marion County announced hundreds may lose their jobs as they try to accommodate a nearly 30 million dollar deficit for the coming school year.
Other counties are making tough decisions as well.
Columbia County public school administrators believe they have a plan to keep classrooms functioning without losing jobs.
They are relying on the state's "drop" retirement plan and say they won't be filling positions that are left vacant.
- Columbia County Man Sentenced to Death
- Columbia County Robbery
- Columbia County Schools Superintendent Race
- Crist To Appoint New Superintendent For Columbia County Schools
- One Marion County High School Cuts Agriculture Program
- Alachua County School Budget Cut Outrage
- Leanetta McNealy Wins Alachua County School Board Runoff
- Marion County School District Penalized for Class Size Violation
- Virus Outbreak At Marion County School
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools