Apartment Scammer Behind Bars
A woman accused of leasing the same apartment unit at Woodside Villas to multiple people has been arrested; the apartment wasn't hers to rent in the first place.
Alachua County Sheriff's deputies arrested Lenise Jones Sunday afternoon.
At least five different people paid thousands of dollars to an agent who went by the name of "Shannon McCleary," who investigators say was actually Jones.
Match Maker Realty, which owns the property, says Jones broke into the unit and changed the locks.
After one renter tried to move in, she realized her key didn't work and that another family was already living there.
- Real Estate Transaction Scams
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Gainesville Man Who Was Involved In Shooting Now Behind Bars
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars for Stabbing Woman
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman
- Former Mayor Of Hampton To Spend Time Behind Bars
- Helmet Thief Behind Bars
- Woman is Behind Bars After Fighting With her 14 Year Old Daughter
- Ocala Woman Behind Bars For Killing Her Husband