"Ghost Bike" Memorial a Reminder to Share Road
Published August 8th, 2013
A ghostly reminder of a crime committed one year ago is on display in Southwest Gainesville.
UF student Rebecca Harris was struck and killed on her bike last year by driver who fled the scene.
Jessica Becerra later turned herself in to police and is now serving a seven-year prison sentence.
Now there is a memorial in Harris' honor, a stark white "ghost bike" on Archer Road, reminding bikers and drivers to share the road.
Ghost Bike is an international movement to place white bikes at the scenes where bikers have been injured or kill. There are over 500 ghost bikes in 180 locations worldwide.
- "Ghost Plane" Crashes in Gulf
- Gainesville Police Remind Drivers to Share the Road
- Ghost Bike Honors Rebecca Harris
- Bike sharing program
- Bike sharing coming to Gainesville
- Gainesville bike share program launches
- A Murder Victim's Family Shares Fond Memories
- Share the Cure 2012
- Bell Teen Recovered From Bike Crash
- Memorial Day events happening around North Central Florida