Record Sales for Ocala Breeders
August sales set records at the Ocala Breeders Sales.
Figures are not yet complete for Tuesday's select sale, but the Florida Thoroughbred and Breeders Sales Association says sales were up 50%.
During the open session that ended Thursday, 262 horses were sold for $4.6 million.
That was an increase of nearly 58%.
The top three were all Florida bred horses.
One of them is a filly who is the daughter of Santa Anita Race winner "Pioneer of the Nile."
- Ocala June Breeders' Sale
- Ocala Breeders Sales Goes Up 50 Percent
- After 30 Years, Hyde & Zeke Records Has Final Sale
- UF Donations at Record High
- State Sales Tax Holiday Begins Friday
- Stolen Items End Up At Yard Sale
- Marion County May Put Jail Up For Sale
- Ocala DUI Arrests At Record High
- World's Fastest Land Mammal Sets New Record
- Dog Breeder Arrested For Animal Cruelty