Alachua County Jail Inmate Attempts Suicide
ALACHUA--An Alachua County Jail inmate is in the hospital after he was found hanging in his cell.
20-year-old Miguel Hernandez was arrested on Sunday on an out-of-state warrant for not registering as sex offender in Illinois.
Hernandez was found hanging from a bed-sheet in his cell during a routine check.
The inmate was cut down, CPR was administered and he was rushed to the hospital.
- Two Attempted Suicides in Two Weeks at the Alachua County Jail
- Visitors Can Talk to Alachua County Jail Inmates from their Living Rooms
- Inmates at the Alachua County Jail Are Using Their "Time" Wisely
- The Budget Impacts Staff and Inmates at the Alachua County Jail
- Suspect In Disappearance Attempts Suicide
- Marion County Jail Inmate Dies In Custody
- Gilchrist County Jail Inmate Dies Two Days After Fight with Cellmate
- Inmates Fight Stats in Marion County Jail
- Inmate Dies After Collapsing at Levy County Jail
- Marion County May Put Jail Up For Sale