ASO Captain Keith Vermillion Suspended
An internal investigation has been launched into the actions of one of the top commanders at the Alachua County Sheriffs Office.
Captain Keith Vermillion is head of the Criminal Investigations Bureau, but was suspended Thursday and is not allowed back in the building without an escort.
In a release by Sheriff Sadie Darnell she said, "I have been provided with credible information which causes me great concern and which needs to be throughly and properly investigated before i will make further comment."
Vermillion was hired by Sheriff Darnell in February 2007.
He was escorted out of the building Thursday and his gun and badge were taken.
There is no word on how long the internal investigation will take.
- Sheriff's Office Recruits Outside Help For Investigation
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion terminated amidst agency turmoil
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Vermillion Files: ASO Now Open To Lawsuits
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Warns Against Scams on Elderly