Danscompany of Gainesville Offers Kids A Chance to Dance In The Wiz
GAINESVILLE, FLa. -- For one local dance company, it's all about giving back and spreading a love of the arts to local children.
TV20's Emily Burris spoke with members of the Danscompany of Gainesville this morning about the Chance to Dance program.
Members of Danscompany volunteer their time to give kids free dance lessons as a part of summer and after-school programs.
Marissa Pardo and Caroline Kostamo are dancers and members of Danscompany who say they love working with kids from M.K. Rawlings Elementary School as they prepare for a production of The Wiz.
You can see the show this Saturday, March 8th, at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts at 1:30 or 7:00, for tickets and more information visit: http://www.danscompanyofgainesville.org/
- Local Program Offers Kids With Disabilities A Chance To Play
- Dancing with Gainesville's Stars
- Keystone Heights Airport Offers a Chance to Fly Restored WWII Aircraft
- Paws on Parole Gives Pups Second Chance
- Dance Alive's "Bolero" Promises A Night Of Latin Entertainment
- Dance Alive National Ballet Presents "Phantom"
- Santa Fe College Hosts Dance Festival
- Dance Center Funds
- 8/5/13 Fitzness Minute: Get Moving with Dance Games
- 'Miracles on 34th Street' fundraising for Dance Marathon