North Central Florida Wage Theft Task Force Holds Workshop
The workshop was held Monday night to remind Alachua County residents about the services now available to help recover unpaid wages.
Alachua County is only the third county in the state to adopt a program for cases of wage theft.
The county says seven claims have been made since the program went into effect at the start of the year, with over $1300 in wages being paid back to employees.
Task force officials are pleased with how the program is working and plan to hold similar workshops again in the future.
- A Salute to Members of the Armed Forces in North Central Florida
- CSI Classes Come to North Central Florida
- Former Supreme Court Justice Visits North Central Florida
- "Relay for Life" around North Central Florida
- FHP Issues Travel Advisories For North Central Florida
- Third Annual Empty Bowls Event Fighting Hunger in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Man Arrested For Domestic Battery
- Veteran North Central Florida Town Commissioner Suspended
- Florida Task Force on Self-defense Laws to Start Work
- Mike Peterson Holds Free Camp, Family Fun Day In North Central Florida