Sheriff's Office Recruits Outside Help For Investigation
The Saint John's County Sheriff's Office is helping with the Alachua County Sheriffs internal investigation of Captain Keith Vermillion.
A Saint John's County lieutenant is here to oversee the investigation. A spokesperson for the Alachua County Sheriff's Office says including an outside agency demonstrates that the sheriff's office is being as transparent as possible in the investigation.
Vermillion, who was head of the criminal investigations bureau, was suspended almost a week ago. No reason was given while the investigation goes on.
- ASO Major to be demoted for failure to supervise
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- Sheriff Darnell Responds to Mike Fellows Investigation
- Vermillion Files: ASO Now Open To Lawsuits
- Sheriff Sadie Darnell Responds to Keith Vermillion Resignation
- Fellows Retires, Sheriff Discusses Deputies Perception of Vermillion
- Docs: ASO Duplicates Services to Circumvent ICAC
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion terminated amidst agency turmoil
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion Suspended
- Major Fellows' Investigation Released