Sheriff's Office Recruits Outside Help For Investigation
The Saint John's County Sheriff's Office is helping with the Alachua County Sheriffs internal investigation of Captain Keith Vermillion.
A Saint John's County lieutenant is here to oversee the investigation. A spokesperson for the Alachua County Sheriff's Office says including an outside agency demonstrates that the sheriff's office is being as transparent as possible in the investigation.
Vermillion, who was head of the criminal investigations bureau, was suspended almost a week ago. No reason was given while the investigation goes on.
- Vermillion Files: ASO Now Open To Lawsuits
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- Sheriff Sadie Darnell Responds to Keith Vermillion Resignation
- Docs: ASO Duplicates Services to Circumvent ICAC
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion terminated amidst agency turmoil
- Vermillion Investigation Reveals Tensions Between ASO and GPD
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion Suspended
- Vermillion Files: Who Knew What and When?
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars