Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
Police say two Gainesville men were arrested after stealing a University of Florida national championship pendant.
Gainesville police arrested Anibal Dejesus and Michael Emery after they say Emery stole the 2008 pendant from a friend's room. The pendant had the friend's mother's name engraved on the back.
Police say Emery then gave the pendant to Dejesus as a way to pay off a drug debt. Dejesus tried to pawn the pendant but the shop owner saw the mother's name had been scratched out and questioned if it really belonged to him.
Both men are charged with grand theft, false pawn slip, and dealing in stolen property.
- Fans Receive Upgrade After Good Deed
- Trio of Thieves Use Stolen Credit Cards to Buy Electronics
- Thieves Steal Christmas Gifts from Broward County Family
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- Thieves Targeting Ford Trucks In Marion County
- Thieves From A Crime Ring Busted Again
- Thieves Busted for Stealing Copper
- Stolen Items End Up At Yard Sale
- Drug Bust in Columbia County
- Drug Bust at Gainesville Apartment