Zoning Sweetwater Branch Tent Camp
A homeless camp is a little less isolated now that police have marked the paths in and out.
Two Gainesville police officers mapped out the area around the Sweetwater Branch Tent Camp on foot and in a helicopter.
The goal is to make it easier for first responders to find people who call for help.
There are now three different zones of the camp with 40 residents total.
The two officers, after identifying the zones, went back and told each resident which zone they were in and what to tell dispatch if they need help.
- Homeless Man Threatens Woman with Machete
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City
- New Markers Make it Easier to Find Residents in Gainesville Homeless Camp
- Parents Camp Out to Pick Teacher
- Children's Miracle Network Family Boot Camp
- Salvation Army Feeds Homeless
- Workforce Connections Holds Event to Benefit Homeless Veterans
- Homeless Man Arrested for Battery on a Firefighter
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Ducks to be Removed from Historic Duck Pond Neighborhood in Gainesville