Deputies Find Stash Of Drugs During Traffic Stop
MARION COUNTY, Fla. - A traffic stop on I-75 in Marion County unearthed a massive case of drug trafficking.
Janzel Vega-Cartas was pulled over for not wearing a seat belt and reckless driving when K-9 deputies discovered almost 2600 Xanax pills, as well as 87 hydrocodone pills. Vega-Cartas said he was transporting the drugs from Miami to Kentucky.
Marion County sheriff's deputies are looking to see if there's more to this case.
"We're going to look at the evidence again and review this case and see if there's a bigger fish out there that we can catch" said Judge Cochran, spokesperson for the Marion County Sheriff's Office. "Someone involved with trafficking pills and if it's moving through marion county, we want to make sure we find these folks and put them in jail."
Vega-Cartas has been charged with trafficking narcotics and possession with intention to distribute.
- Traffic Stop Drug Bust
- Cray Arrested After Traffic Stops Reveals Drugs
- Police discover 200 stolen cellphones during traffic stop
- Routine traffic stop leads to three arrested in drug bust
- Police Officer Shot During Traffic Stop
- Driver Resists Arrest During Traffic Stop
- UPD Officer Fired For Misconduct During Traffic Stop
- Driver, Two Passengers Attempt To Flee During Routine Traffic Stop
- FHP Seizes 89 Pounds of Marijuana During Traffic Stop
- Man Back in Jail for False Traffic Stops