Deputy Set To Leave Hospital After Shooting
GAINESVILLE, Fla - After more than a month in the hospital and rehab at Shands, a Taylor County sheriff's deputy is finally going home.
Deputy Robert Lundy was shot point blank in February at a car dealership in Perry. He was rushed to UF Health Shands in critical condition. Over the last month and a half he has battled back, and on Friday he gets to go home.
Local law enforcement agencies and supporters are lining the streets as he's being released.
The route runs west on 39th avenue out through western Alachua County, then to his home in Taylor County.
- Clay County deputy will soon return to work after shooting
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Drive by shooting leaves one person hospitalized
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Deputy Shooting In Citrus County
- ASO: Deputy on paid administrative leave after death of K-9
- Man killed after high speed chase with deputies
- Fort Hood Gunman's Shooting Rampage Followed Over Denial Of Request For Leave
- Alachua Deputy Shoots, Kills Man After Fight
- Ocala Man Arrested After Shooting at Deputies