Deputy Set To Leave Hospital After Shooting
GAINESVILLE, Fla - After more than a month in the hospital and rehab at Shands, a Taylor County sheriff's deputy is finally going home.
Deputy Robert Lundy was shot point blank in February at a car dealership in Perry. He was rushed to UF Health Shands in critical condition. Over the last month and a half he has battled back, and on Friday he gets to go home.
Local law enforcement agencies and supporters are lining the streets as he's being released.
The route runs west on 39th avenue out through western Alachua County, then to his home in Taylor County.
- 15 year old in hospital after shooting on Archer Road
- Go Fund Me page set up for former deputy after Hermine
- Clay County deputy will soon return to work after shooting
- House fire in Gainesville leaves one person in hospital
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Drive by shooting leaves one person hospitalized
- Drive by shooting leaves one person dead
- Shooting in Marion County leaves one man in critical condition
- Man arrested after kidnapping and raping a woman from a hospital
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy