Deputy Set To Leave Hospital After Shooting
GAINESVILLE, Fla - After more than a month in the hospital and rehab at Shands, a Taylor County sheriff's deputy is finally going home.
Deputy Robert Lundy was shot point blank in February at a car dealership in Perry. He was rushed to UF Health Shands in critical condition. Over the last month and a half he has battled back, and on Friday he gets to go home.
Local law enforcement agencies and supporters are lining the streets as he's being released.
The route runs west on 39th avenue out through western Alachua County, then to his home in Taylor County.
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Deputy Shooting In Citrus County
- Man killed after high speed chase with deputies
- Ocala Man Arrested After Shooting at Deputies
- Alachua Deputy Shoots, Kills Man After Fight
- Fort Hood Gunman's Shooting Rampage Followed Over Denial Of Request For Leave
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- Man Dressed as Rambo Arrested After Bar Shooting
- 1 Dead After Deputy-Involved Shooting