GPD Captain Lynne Benck Retires
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A well-known member of the law enforcement community is moving on.
Captain Lynne Benck of the Gainesville Police Department retired yesterday after 27 years on the force and friends and family joined in on the celebrations.
Benck started her career in 1987.
She spent 16 years as a detective - moved to patrol - and then spent 3 years as personnel, eventually working her way up to captain.
Lynne Benck- "To walk down the halls of GPD and for people to say, 'she's a detective commander,' it's been my honor to say that that because the people who worked for me are so great."
Benck says she's moving to Tampa to start a new career at a private sector company.
- GPD Captain Retires
- GPD Captain retires after 30 years
- Retired Gainesville Police Officer Laid to Rest
- Captain William Halvosa Retires After Thirty Years
- Halloween Safety Tips From GPD
- Police searching for 3 in Game Stop burglary
- Gainesville's Police Chief Plans to Retire
- Retired Captain Crevasse Passes Away
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- G.P.D. Captain Resigns Under Scrutiny