Mail Carrier Attacked by Ocala Man
OCALA, Fla. -- An Ocala man is behind bars after attacking a mail carrier and damaging his vehicle.
Police say 27-year-old Aaron Smith was upset that he didn't have any mail, so he started to punch the mailman while he was in his delivery truck.
Smith then threw a stool at the mailman's vehicle.
He told police that the mailman "tried" him and he had to "step up."
Smith was charged with battery, burglary, and property damage, all at no bond.
The Postal Service will be filing additional federal charges against Smith.
- Mail Carrier Slaying
- Man Arrested for Attacking Woman
- Man arrested on attempted murder charges following attack at bar
- Ocala Man Arrested For Obscene Communication With Minor
- Scammer in Ocala Acting as Driveway Repair Man
- Ocala Man Convicted of Murder, Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison
- Ocala Man Steals Donation Jar
- Man Struck and Killed by Bus in Ocala
- Alligator attacks man
- Man Attacks Woman In McDonald's Drive-Through