Workers Rescued from Malfunctioning Cherry Picker
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Gainesville Fire crews rescued two workers after they became stranded 60 feet in the air.
Authorities say their cherry picker machine malfunctioned Sunday.
The stranded men say a cut tree limb fell down on top of the machine and they lost power.
The firefighters were able to raise the tower on their truck to reach them.
The men were safely removed from their bucket while officials blocked traffic on Northwest 27th Terrace.
No one suffered any injuries.
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire
- Monkey Rescued in Gainesville
- Baby Rescued From Kitchen Fire In Ocala
- Construction Worker Freed from Hole
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Without Generators, But Will Have Them In The Future
- One Dies, One Rescued in Gainesville Apartment Fire
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Building Database