TV20 Does the Ice Bucket Challenge!
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- This week some of the TV20 crew took park in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!
Reporters Lauren Verno, Kyla Ryan, and Niko Clemmons all accepted and doled out challenges of their own. And TV20's Morning Edition team Emily Burris and Mike Potter were soaked after being challenged by viewers.
The viral awareness campaign is raising support for Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the spinal cord and brain. So far, more than 40 million dollars have been raised nationwide since the challenge took off on social media.
For more information about ALS and to make a donation, visit the ALS Association's website, www.alsa.org.
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Completes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Harlem Globetrotter "Buckets Blakes" Visits TV20's Morning Edition
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- UF Provost Challenges Textbook Cost Laws
- Presidents Race On Ice
- Jane Doe Identified
- Downtown Ice Rinks Put On The Ice Because Of Increased Costs
- Blessing Buckets For Homeless Veterans
- Help Billy Donovan Win the Coaches' Charity Challenge!
- Obama challenges Republicans in State of Union speech