Suspects Arrested After Enslaving A Mother And Daughter
ASHLAND, OHIO- A disabled mother and her daughter lived as if they were slaves, in terrifying conditions, surrounded by pit bulls, snakes, and other reptiles for nearly 2 years.
Jordie Callahan, 26, and 2 others were arrested for the alleged mistreatment to the mother and daughter. They also collected the woman's government benefits and her prescription medications.
The victim told authorities that she and her daughter slept on cement floors, and while suffering from hunger, they were forced to feed their food to the animals. She also said that she was forced to beat her daughter while the suspects videotaped. They told her that they'd use the footage against her.
Police discovered the woman's living conditions in 2011 after she was arrested for shoplifting a candy bar and asked to be jailed. That's when the investigation began.
- Mother In Jail After Daughter Found In Closet
- Homicide Suspect Arrested After Police Chase
- Woman is Behind Bars After Fighting With her 14 Year Old Daughter
- No New Leads Six Years After Mother/Daughter Murdered
- MotherDaughter Reunited after a Year Deployed
- Mother Arrested for Baby Daughter's Murder
- Cloud 9 Shooting Suspects Arrested
- Two Suspects Arrested in Overnight Shooting
- Multi-County Burglary Suspects Arrested
- Kangaroo Gas Station Robbery Suspect Arrested