Natural Gas Spill in Gulf of Mexico
The Coast Guard says a natural gas spill in the Gulf of Mexico is leaving a four-mile-wide "rainbow sheen" on the water's surface, south of Louisiana.
Pollution responders from the Coast Guard and inspectors from the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement are responding to the leak.
Energy Resource Technology of the Gulf of Mexico reported that one of its oil and natural gas production platforms had lost well control.
Workers on the platform have been evacuated.
The cause of the leak is being investigated.
- Gulf Oil Spill Trial Delayed for Settlement Talks
- Drug Sting
- Judge Hears Details of Gulf Oil Spill Settlement
- B-P Oil Spill Lawsuit
- Massive Mexican Meth Bust
- Prison Riot Breaks-Out
- Drivers Are Not The Only Ones Hurting From Gas Prices
- Gas Prices Going Down Across the Nation
- Gas Prices Down
- The Oil Spill in the Gulf Isn't Directly Affecting North Central Florida...Yet.