Missing Teen Rescued in Idaho
A massive manhunt is over.
16-year-old Hannah Anderson is expected to reunite with family after James DiMaggio allegedly abducted her on August 3.
The teen's rescue closes a terrifying chapter that included the deaths of her mother and brother in California.
After a week on the run, James DiMaggio, the man suspected of kidnapping Anderson and killing two of her family members, is dead.
A tip about the possible sighting led the search to central Idaho's wilderness.
Mark John reported having a brief conversation with DiMaggio and Anderson while horseback riding through the back country with his wife and friends last Wednesday.
"There was just like a square peg going into a round role," said John. "It didn't fit. He might have been an outdoorsman in California, but he was not an outdoorsman in Idaho, he didn't fit."
According to authorities, law enforcement says an FBI tactical agent shot and killed DiMaggio.
Anderson was taken to an area hospital for evaluation.
John credits what he saw on television that day with saving her life.
"It makes me feel really great that the girl was found and that she's safe. I'm very grateful for the Amber Alert program and how it played a role in the whole thing, because without that, this would not have happened."
- Update: Missing Amber Alert Boy Found Safe
- Amber Alert issued for missing Citrus County 1-year-old and 3-year-old
- Amber alert update: Four-year-old girl found in Tennessee
- Amber Alert Issued for Hillsborough County Teen
- Amber Alert cancelled for missing Citrus County children
- Missing Teen Vigil
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Daughter And Father Save Three Teens From Burning Car
- Search for Missing Fort Lauderdale Teen
- Bear Cub Rescued