Ariel Castro Commits Suicide
OHIO- Ariel Castro, the man who held three women captive in his home for nearly a decade, has committed suicide.
According to ABC's John Muller, Castro was found hanging in his 12 foot by 8 foot prison cell late Tuesday night.
He was alone in that cell, in protective custody, because of the notoriety of his case.
He was checked on by prison staff every 30 minutes, but was not on suicide watch.
CPR was performed on him before he was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead just before 11 PM local time Tuesday night.
- Acclaimed Film Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide
- NFL Star Apparently Commits Suicide
- Celebrations 11/20/15
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- Inmate Commits Suicide with Bed Sheet
- Man who stabbed wife commits suicide
- Discussion on mental health opens after UF student commits suicide
- ASO: Livingston commits suicide amidst sexual assault charges
- Sochi Olympic Games: Search for 'Black Widow' suicide bomber