Amanda Knox's Murder Conviction Reinstated
Amanda Knox is once again a convicted killer in Italy.
The former American exchange student was convicted by an Italian appeals court for brutally killing her roomate, Meredith Kercher and is now being sentenced to 28 and a half years behind bars.
The 26-year-old is now living at home in Seattle and felt sick as the new verdict was read.
After spending four years in an Italian prison, Knox was cleared in 2011 because of unreliable evidence.
She returned to the U. S. and then learned Italy's highest court had ordered a new trial.
Know is almost certain to appeal and has vowed to put up a fight.
Even if the conviction is upheld, extraditions to Italy are extremely rare.
- Knox Book
- "Hiccup Girl" Convicted of Murder Seeks Retrial
- Teen Convicted of Murder in Birthday Party Shooting
- Ocala Man Convicted of Murder, Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison
- Convicted Killer T.J. Lane Recaptured Overnight
- Aaron Hernandez's Cousin Held Without Bond in Connection to Murder Case
- 8 More Bodies Found on Capsized Ship Costa Concordia
- What's Happening in the Entertainment World 9/6/12
- 'Pillow Case Burglars' indicted on murder charges
- Former Gator Aaron Hernandez Named a Person of Interest in Murder Investigation