Many Vending Machines Will Now Be Required To Display Calorie Information
Beginning early this year, approximately 5 million vending machines nationwide will be required to display calorie information.
The new FDA regulations apply to more than 10 thousand vending machine companies across the country, that operate 20 or more machines.
The result will be similar to the calorie count menus in restaurants.
In vending machines, customers will see the calorie count next to their snack choice.
The FDA hopes this will help consumers looking for healthier alternatives.
- Thief in Marion County Targets Vending Machines
- 4/15/13 Fitzness Minute: Jump Roping
- 5/27/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Indulgence
- FBI Now In Charge of Boston Marathon Bombing Investigation
- Floods Now a Problem for Storm Ravaged Oklahoma
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed
- Farm to Table: How New FDA Guidelines Affect Beef and Dairy
- FDA Approves "Plan B" for OTC Sale to Women Ages 15 and Up
- FDA Panel Supports Continued Testing of Pain Drugs