Fort Hood Gunman's Shooting Rampage Followed Over Denial Of Request For Leave
Investigators say the rampage that left three dead and 16 wounded last week at Fort Hood was related to the shooter's request for leave from the army post.
Army spokesman Chris Grey did not indicate during a brief news conference Monday whether specialist Ivan Lopez was granted the leave.
Grey says the shooting spree Wednesday covered the equivalent of two city blocks as Lopez drove from one area to another on the central Texas base randomly firing at soldiers.
Authorities have said the shooting was preceded by a verbal altercation Lopez had with other soldiers in his unit.
- Another Delay in Fort Hood Shooting Case
- Newtown Must Turn Over Gunman's School Records
- Gunman's Troubled Past
- Accused Shooter Appeals Judge's Denial Of Bail
- Gunman in Navy Yard Rampage was Hearing Voices
- Orlando gunman to 911 operator: 'I'm in Orlando and I did the shootings'
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Pentagon Looks Into Motivation Behind Soldier's Deady Rampage
- Deputy Set To Leave Hospital After Shooting