Turkeys - Suggestions to be Removed From Budget
Watchdog group TaxWatch thinks "turkeys" may need to be axed. It released its annual list of items that they think should be considered for veto by Governor Rick Scott.
The group says so-called turkeys are 107 spending items added with little scrutiny and outside the normal budget process.
They include more than $4 million to help build the college of North Central Florida's Levy County Center. Money for the center has been vetoed twice before.
The other project is $200,000 to help restore the Bradford County courthouse.
Governor Scott has until next Friday to sign the budget.
- Hundreds of Cats Removed from Sanctuary
- Troublesome Alligator Removed From Neighborhood
- Florida House Approves State Budget
- Firefighters work to remove debris from roof
- Jacksonville International Airport Open Again After Being Shut Down for Removal of Destructive Device
- Florida Universities Want to Remove Animal Researchers' Names From Public Records Requests
- Teen Recovering After Spear Removed From His Brain
- Aaron Hernandez's All American Brick Removed from UF
- Thousands of Bees Removed from Woman's Home
- Spitting Teen Removed From Court