Human Trafficking Problem
Polk County sheriff officers are cracking down on human trafficking, and their new discoveries are alarming.
After police took a 15 year old girl into custody, they were able to find that she was apart of a trafficking scheme where young girls were brought from varies counties in the state for sex with customers.
2 men were taken into custody. 1 of the men allegedly is in charge of the schemes. Police say more arrest is a possiblity.
Back in May, police arrested 92 people in a county wide trafficking sting.
- Deputies: Human Trafficking is A Local Problem
- Human Trafficking is a Prevalent Problem in North Central Florida
- Woman Charged with Human Trafficking Denies Accusations
- Man Arrested for Human Trafficking
- Two Men Sentenced in Marine Life Trafficking
- Former NFL Player Pleads Guilty to Heroin Trafficking
- Human Trafficking In Alachua County
- Human Trafficking in Gainesville
- Human Trafficking in Marion County
- Hawthorne Man Arrested in Connection to Human Trafficking Case