Sit In Inside of Governor Scott's Office
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.- As protest proceed to rise after the zimmerman verdict, residents have taken their efforts further.
Governor Rick Scott's office was occupied as a sit in protest Tuesday afternoon. Protestors marched through the streets of Tallahassee, ending in his office.
Though the governor was not present during the protest, it didn't stop 'The Dream Defenders' from voicing their opinions and concerns towards Florida's laws.
Among the protestors included, college students, community leaders, civil rights organizations, and local residents. They demanded that Governor Scott called a legislative session to address the issues around Trayvon Martin's death.
They also want Governor Scott to create a new civil rights act in Trayvon Martin's name.
- Governor Scott's Response to Stand Your Ground Law
- Race to the Governor's Office
- Governor Scott's Stake in Oil Company Questioned
- Governor proposes more funds for springs restoration
- Governor Scott to Sue VA
- 'Inspirational Message' Bill Makes its Way to Governor
- Governor Scott Visits UF in Support President Machen's Goal of Becoming Top 10 University
- "Inspiration Message" Bill on Governor's Desk
- Close Race to Governor's Mansion
- Man Found Dead Inside Olivia Newton-John's Jupiter Home