Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Clearwater Cheerleaders' Uniforms Deemed "Too Skimpy"
CLEARWATER--High school cheerleaders in Clearwater aren't cheering about a new uniform policy.
School officials says cheerleaders' skirts are too short for class and break a mid-thigh dress code.
The cheerleaders have been told they won't be able to wear their uniforms to class anymore despite the fact that the school provides them and they're part of a tradition.
Officials claim the outfits are, "too skimpy."
"There's a dress code in place and if a school determines that an outfit is not appropriate then they can ask a student to change or wear something different," said Pinellas County School District's Melanie Marquez, "This might include athletic uniforms."
The Pinellas County School District says dress codes can be tailored by school principals.
Officials say the uniforms are acceptable at football games, which occur during non school hours.
- "Thank You" From Trayvon Martin's Family
- George Zimmerman "Stand Your Ground" Hearing
- Kirby Family Farm's Dad's Day (and Ducks too..)
- Officials Investigate Clearwater House Fire
- Miami Judge Deems a Bag of Radios a Deadly Threat
- Harlem Globetrotter "Buckets Blakes" Visits TV20's Morning Edition
- "Boots and Bling" Alachua Cattle Baron's Ball 2013
- "Hiccup Girl" Convicted of Murder Seeks Retrial
- Dead Cheerleader's Teammates in Shock
- Friends and Family Mourn where Cheerleader's Body was Found