Dengue Fever Cases Show Up in Florida
According to the State Department of Health, three adults have been confirmed to have dengue fever, a mosquito-born illness.
Health officials say the illness likely came to the United States from Americans who were bitten by dengue-infected mosquitoes while traveling internationally.
The most common symptoms include high fever, severe headache, joint and bone pain, and rash.
Younger people who become infected might not have many symptoms, but the elderly or those with other health issues may become seriously sick.
- Tailgate Fever - 'Home-Gating' Tips
- Marion County has a case of "Horse Fever"
- Trial Delayed in Brewer Case
- Tallahasse Police Obtain Surveilance Footage In Uhre Case
- State Attorney Supporting Franklin County Sheriff's Office In Stand Your Ground Case
- Mega Millions Fever
- South Florida High Speed Car Chase
- Stabbing at Florida State Dorm
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Florida Search and Rescue Team Prepares to Aid in Hurricane Relief