Family of Man Run Over and Killed by Police Seek Justice
The family of a man who was run over and killed by a Central Florida police officer is hoping dashcam video will lead to criminal charges.
Footage shows Marlon Brown running from police in DeLand back in May.
Authorities say they were chasing him because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
In the footage, you see officer James Harris drive past two other police cars that had stopped.
Harris continued to chase Brown, who was running on foot, into a grass lot.
The video then shows the officer running Brown over, ultimately killing him.
"This is the hardest decision we've had to make," said Krystal Brown, the victim''s ex-wife. "But we're hoping that everyone's going to take a look at the video, the objective evidence and you tell us what you think."
Last week, a grand jury decided not to indict officer Harris on criminal charges of vehicular manslaughter, which is why the family decided to release the video.
Harris was, however, fired as a result of the incident.
- Two Men Arrested by Miami-Dade Police for Running Illegal Slaughterhouse
- Fire Kills Man and His Two Sons Near Tallahassee
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- Fleeing Man Run Over by DeLand Officer
- Man Awaiting Trial For Killing His Family Involved in Jail Fight
- Man Killed During Police Pursuit
- Mom Runs Over Child (Texas)
- Deadly Hit and Run Crash in Marion County Over the Weekend
- "Hiccup Girl" Convicted of Murder Seeks Retrial
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Trying to Run Down a Man With Her Car