Man Robs Bank Wearing Santa Claus Disguise
On Monday, a man wearing a Santa hat and beard entered a Suntrust Bank in Port Orange carrying a wrapped package.
He placed the package on the teller's counter and passed her a note demanding cash while insinuating that the package was dangerous.
An undisclosed amount of cash was given to him.
He left the package behind, fleeing before law enforcement arrived on the scene.
After the bank was evacuated and secured, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad determined that the package was not an explosive device.
- Santa Claus Thief Robs SunTrust Bank
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- Sheriff's Office Recruits Outside Help For Investigation
- Gilchrist Sheriff's Office Investigates Possible Santa Fe Drowning
- Santa and Mrs. Claus Talk About Newberry's Festival of Lights
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers