A crew member on a cruise liner is accused of beating and sexually assaulting a female passenger, and then trying to throw her overboard.
A criminal complaint filed in Florida says room service attendant, Ketut Pujayasa hid in the room of the 31-year-old alleged victim -- aboard a "Holland America Line" cruise.
According to the complaint, the 28-year-old Indonesian citizen was angry with the woman for swearing at him when he delivered food to her room earlier.
He's accused of choking and punching her with random objects in the room, including a laptop and a curling iron.
In a statement, the cruise line's president said the company believes the alleged attack is the first of its kind in the company's history.
The alleged victim was airlifted to a Florida hospital, however, her condition is still unknown. The suspect's attorney has not been available for comment.
- Woman Vanishes from Cruise Ship
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- Man Assaults Fiancee with Engagement Ring
- Cruise Ship Stranded in Indian Ocean
- 1/21/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Cruising
- Fire Breaks Out on Cruise Ship
- South Florida High Speed Car Chase
- UF on Alert After Attempted Sexual Assault
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Former Teacher Faces More Counts Of Sexual Assault