Same-SexMarriage Ban Opposition
The Christian Family Coalition is urging six Florida couples to drop their lawsuit challenging the state's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.
The group gathered with other community activists on Friday in Doral.
They want the 12 plaintiff's in the case to withdraw their lawsuit or for a judge to throw out the case.
The group states that the voters had already decided on the issue in the 2008 election.
The state has not yet filed a response in court to the initial lawsuit.
- Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Maryland Same-Sex Marriage May End Up on Ballot
- Florida Same Sex Couples File Suit Against Marriage Ban
- Same Sex Marriages Gain Equal Standing in the Eyes of Federal Government
- Supreme Court Weighs in on Same Sex Marriage
- Rulings on Gay Marriage Doesn't Affect Fla Ban
- Six People File Lawsuits Against Florida's Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage
- Virginia Judge Strikes Down Gay Marriage Ban
- Marion County Burn Ban
- Sex Offender Ban