Legislature Passes "Florida GI" Bill
Veterans living in Florida would get a tuition break as part of a "military friendly" bill headed to the desk of Gov. Rick Scott.
Tuesday, the Florida legislature passed the "Florida GI" bill.
The bill offers a tuition break to honorably discharged veterans regardless of when they moved to Florida.
It includes college scholarships for national guard members, while setting aside money to renovate armories and acquire land adjacent to existing military installations in the state.
- A Local Boy Named "Florida Champion" of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- 24 abortion wait period bill advancing in Florida legislature
- Technology Spotlight 10/5/10 "Florida STaRS Program"
- Legislature Passes Bill to Extend Early Voting
- Fla. Senate Passes "Right to Speak" Bill
- Florida House Passes Wrongful Conviction Compensation Bill
- Florida House Passes Ethics Bill
- Florida Senate passes water protection bill
- Florida Lawmakers Push For Election Reform Bills
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative