Michael Dunn Jail Cell Graffiti
Pictures were taken by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office in what they say was Michael Dunn's jail cell in December of last year.
On one wall you can see there is a "no thugs" sign drawn next to another sign with the words "liberty, justice, freedom and equality."
On another part of the wall, it says, "sometimes your life just changes in the blinking of an eye," and, "rather be judged by 12 than carried by six."
Also written is, "self defense is not a crime, and those who kill in self defense treasure life."
At the bottom of that wall, it says, "not all liars are thugs but all thugs are liars."
Two of Florida's self-defense statutes are also noted on the wall. Those numbers refer to stand your ground as well as immunity from criminal prosecution for justifiable use of force.
Last month, Michael Dunn was found guilty on three counts of second degree attempted murder, and shooting a deadly missile.
His sentencing is scheduled for march 24th.
The state attorney's office wants to re-try Dunn on the first degree murder charge. That could happen as early as may.
- Juror in Michael Dunn Trial Dismissed
- Man Pleads Not Guilty To Murdering Teen
- Florida Teen Graffiti Artist's Death Caused By Taser: Family Wants Justice
- Marine Arrives Home from Mexican Jail
- Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed
- North Florida Man in Jail After Riding His Horse While Drunk
- Cell Phone Scammer Jailed
- Creative Graduation Gift Ideas
- Gift Ideas For Moms and Grads
- Kick off Summer with Festive Decorations