Mother Charged with Fatal Stabbing of Son
Published March 31st, 2014
A 4-year-old boy was fatally stabbed by his mother this weekend at a Saint Petersburg apartment complex, police said.
St. Petersburg police say 40-year-old Tasha Trotter is accused of killer her son Joseph Artis.
The boy's grandmother had custody of the boy and the mother stabbed him multiple times with a kitchen knife ruing a visit.
Artis was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say Trotter has a history of mental illness.
- Hit-and-Run Leaves Two Dead and One Critically Injured
- Teen Charged For Stabbing His Father
- Stabbing at Florida State Dorm
- Fire Kills Man and His Two Sons Near Tallahassee
- Two Men Arrested in Fatal Stabbing in Boynton Beach
- Man Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Bears Fan
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- Mother Drives Three Children Into Ocean
- Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed
- 5-Year-Old Sees Mother Get Shot By Father