Online Child Sex Sting Nets 26 Arrests
Deputies in Seminole County have arrested more than two dozen men they say scoured the internet looking for children to have sex with. Deputies say the suspects thought they were talking to children as young as 11 years old.
The five day operation began Wednesday to crack down on people who used the internet to meet up with children to engage in sex.
The arrested men ranged in age from 19 to 51. Some were working professionals and others were students.
According to investigators, while some men traveled from other states, some came from nearby cities, just a walking distance away, after undercover deputies spent hours online, before the men agreed to meet.
As the Sheriff's Office now lets Central Florida know we these men behind bars and the community is a bit safer, Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma added we all need to be more responsible when letting our children online.
- Four Netted in Prostitution Sting
- Seminole County Holds Hurricane Expo for Families
- Silver Springs Man netted in internet sex sting
- 92 People Arrested in Prostitution Sting
- 44 Arrested In Major Prostitution Sting
- Couple Arrested Over Child Abuse
- Prostitution Sting Results in Arrests
- Cyber Sex Sting
- School Teacher Arrested in Undercover Sex Sting
- Sex Sting Puts Seven Men Behind Bars