Protection Against Fake Websites
Fake websites and mobile applications are trying to scam people who apply for and use public benefits.
People with the state department of children and families say they have recieved several complaints in the past week.
But there are ways to protect yourself.
The florida.com access channel website is one site to turn to for assistance with medicaid, cash, and food.
For people lacking trust in the online system, some advocates of a wireless benefit system say it will lead to more security and less mistakes.
Debbie Mason of the United Way also says that a legitimate benefits website will not ask for your credit card info.
Those who have already been a victim of theft should contact their financial institution and fill out a police report.
- Internet Safety Tips for Parents to Protect Kids
- Coast Guard Testing Shoreline Protection Strategies
- Abuse Allegations Against Elmo Puppeteer Dropped
- Fake Plates-Trucker
- Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi Files Suit Against BP Over 2010 Spill
- Adopt-A-Pet 2/14/2013
- Prostitution Sting Results in Arrests
- Horse Quarantined
- The Pope's Final Speech
- New Baseball Spring Training Initiative