The Ocala Police Department has received reports of another internet scam.
A pop up screen appears on infected computers that advises there is some sort of security breach monitored by the FBI or Homeland Security.
The computer locks up and it states you must pay hundreds of dollars for the lock to be removed.
But once you pay the fine, the computer is still locked.
Offers found that the funds were received by a party overseas.
Local police are unable to investigate, and there maybe no way to get your money back.
If this message appears on your computer screen, spend your money on a repairs, not on this.
- Internet Safety Tips for Parents to Protect Kids
- Internet Cafes Still Allowed
- Looking for Work, Beware of this Internet Scam
- Gilchrist County Bank of America Scam Alert
- Ocala Scams
- Grant Approved To Give High Speed Internet To Rural North Florida Counties
- Ocala Discusses Internet Cafe's
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- Internet Cafe Busts in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida