States Raising Minimum Wages on January 1st
On January 1st, Florida will become one of the 13 states where minimum wage workers will recieve higher paychecks.
Washington state will see the largest increase of a new minimum wage of $9.32 per hour.
New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Ohio, Missouri, Colorado and Oregon will be among some of the other states that will also see a boost.
Currently, only 19 states have minimum wages higher than the federal level of $7.25 an hour.
That number will increase to 21 after all the changes are made on January 1st.
- Alachua County to decide on raise in minimum wage
- New Report on Minimum Wage
- Minimum Wage to Increase in January
- State Raises Minimum Wage and Workers' Hopes
- Vote to raise county minimum wages postponed
- Labor council talks raising minimum wage
- Florida's Minimum Wage Jumps to $7.93 Per Hour in 2014
- How the Minimum Wage Increase Will Impact Local Businesses
- With New Year Comes New Minimum Wage for Florida Workers
- Minimum wage goes up for Alachua County employees